Levite Jewish Community Center
The Vulcan Triathlon Kids Camp is a half day USAT sanctioned event designed to teach youth ages 7-12 about the fun and rewarding sport of triathlon.
- Camper sign-in and registration begins at 10:30 and the camp will begin promptly at 11:00.
- Parents are not required to be present during the camp but are welcome to stay. At 3:30 pm there will be a parent information session and camp recap with kids dismissed at 4:00 pm.
- USA Triathlon certified coaches Craig Cecil and Tim Pemberton, with an experienced group of triathletes from the Vulcan Tri Club, will provide swim, bike, and run lessons through drills, games, and individual feedback.
- Participants do not need to have triathlon experience, however campers must be able to safely swim. Lifeguards will be present and a swim test will be performed for safety. Some exposure to biking is preferred but not required as biking for this event will be on a stationary road bike.
- Snacks and a light lunch will be provided. If your child has any allergies, please notify the camp staff ahead of time and provide appropriate snacks for your child.
- Campers will need to bring a swim suit, towel, swim goggles, running shoes and active clothes for running and biking.
- Collegiate swimmer and cross country runner
- 6 years competing in triathlon
- 2 time IRONMAN finisher including the IRONMAN World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
- Age group podium finisher in 2017 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship in Chattanooga, TN
- USAT Level 1 Certified Coach
- Over 10 years experience creating and implementing youth sports programming and aquatics programming through the YMCA
- Created the curriculum for 8 week LIVESTRONG Youth Tri Training Program for ages 5 - 12
- Designed, Planned and Executed LIVESTRONG Youth Triathlon for ages 5-12
- Currently teaching and coaching run technique and fundamentals to an U10 AAU Softball Team.
- USAT L1; TPU L2; IRONMAN Certified Coach.
- Full time coach with over 15 years coaching and 18 years multisport racing experience.
- Coaching clients include first time triathletes and area middle school and HS runners.
- Multiple time All American including AG National Champion in both Triathlon and Duathlon
- Craig is married with four grown children all of whom were active in youth sports.
The Vulcan Triathlon Kids Camp is presented by the Vulcan Triathletes and the Levite Jewish Community Center
Vulcan Triathletes is a not-for-profit organization created to promote the sport of triathlon in Birmingham by:
- Promoting physical fitness throughout the membership and the community through systematic training for multi-sport events
- Enabling communication among athletes to build a close-knit community where athletes can find training help and others to train with
- Promoting positive health habits and safe training
- The club is open to anyone from beginners to advanced athletes