Join us for the 43rd annual Sam Lapidus Montclair Run on Thanksgiving morning, Thursday, November 28th at the Levite Jewish Community Center. Registration is open now for this extremely fun and rewarding, family-friendly, community event.
The Sam Lapidus Montclair Run honors the short but very full life of Sam Lapidus, who died of Ewing’s sarcoma, a form of childhood cancer, in November 2008 – just nine days before his 15th birthday. Funds raised from the run will be donated to the Alabama Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children’s of Alabama and the Levite Jewish Community Center.
As we approach Thanksgiving this year, we give thanks for all our friends and family, and for those who run and walk and support our efforts to put an end to childhood cancer.
REGISTER NOW TO RUN! JOIN A TEAM TO MULTIPLY YOUR IMPACT! OR SIMPLY DONATE TO A TEAM!
FUNDRAISING & TEAMS
At the center of our event is YOU – our participants! We need your help to make the biggest impact possible against childhood cancer. While your registration fee gets you to the starting line, it’s your fundraising dollars that will help find a cure.
Why create a team?
Being part of a team is fun! Plus, forming a team increases participation which increases the impact we can make. Show your team spirit by rounding up your coworkers, friends, family, your child's soccer team, and even your Mah Jongg group - and start a team! CREATE A CHANGE TOGETHER!
Once you’ve created a team you can encourage others to join your team, or to donate without joining if they can't make it on race day.
Create a Team or Join an Existing Team
- Creating or joining a team takes place as you complete your individual race registration.
- Click Register Now (green box at the top) and follow instructions for online registration.
- Fill out all the information. When you get to “Would you like to join or create a team?” use the drop-down menu to select “Create a New Team” or “Join an Existing Team”.
- Type in your team name or select an existing team from the additional drop-down menu.
- Finish the form and click continue
- Choose if you would like to add a donation to the Alabama Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders.
- Complete purchase form
- Share through Facebook by following the link to allow your friends to register!
Donate to a Team
- Click Fundraising/Donate at the top of the page
- You may directly click the blue Donate box at the top, OR
- Type in the name of the team you wish to donate to.
- Once the team name appears, click “Donate Now” next to the team's name.
- Enter your donation amount and click continue
- Complete the donation form
- Click “Enter Payment Information”
- Enter information
- Share your donation on Facebook to encourage others to give!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Wednesday, November 27
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM: Registration and race packet pick-up at the Levite Jewish Community Center
Thursday, November 28: (Race Day)
7:00-10:00 AM: same day registration
8:10 AM: Team Photos (Teams should meet by the Coke truck)
8:30 AM: 10k/5k start
10:00 AM: Fun Run start
10:30 AM (approximately): Awards ceremony LJCC gymnasium
10k and 5k: $36 (Early registration)
10k and 5k: $40 (After November 16th)
Fun Run: $18
HOW TO REGISTER:
1) ONLINE: Click Register Now (green box at the top) and follow instructions for online registration.
2) IN PERSON: In-Person registration is available on Wednesday, November 27 at the LJCC or on race day. (Please note In-Person registration is still online but someone will be available to assist you.)
- USATF Certified Course
- Long sleeve T-shirt to all 10k/5k entrants
- Short sleeve T-shirt to all Fun Run entrants
- RFID chip timing
- Mile markers - Time splits
- Traffic control by police
- Medical aid station at the finish
- Water station at mid-point and finish
- Refreshments: water, Coke, Powerade
- Lockers - Showers - Restrooms
- Super Awards - Trophies, T-shirts, Sport Watches
- Awards to overall and top 3 male and female in each age group winners
- Drawing for a one free year Levite Jewish Community Center membership
- Proceeds benefit the Levite Jewish Community Center (a United Way Agency) & the Alabama Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children's of Alabama
Out and Back with Rolling Hills
Start at the Levite Jewish Community Center, 3690 Montclair Road Birmingham, AL 35213, head west on Montclair Road to Memory Lane; turn around and head east on Montclair Road to Putnam School; turn around and head west on Montclair Road and finish back at the Levite Jewish Community Center.