The INDY 5K
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to run the race track at the world-renowned Barber Motorsports Park? Well now you can! Experience the 17-turn road course like never before at The INDY 5K presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama, April 29th at the Barber Motorsports Park. Race participation includes Friday Grounds Admission to the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama presented by AmFirst.
Race Day Location – Friday, April 29 at 5:30 pm:
Barber Motorsports Park
6040 Barber Motorsports Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35094
[Directions | Map]
What is included in your Race Entry Fee:
5K Entry Fee Information [Click Here]
- INDY 5K Race Finisher Medal
- INDY 5K Race T-shirt
- Chip Timed 5K
- USATF Certified 5K Course [Course Map] AL19010JE
- Friday Grounds Admission to the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama presented by AmFirst
- One onsite parking pass
- Swag bag/sponsor swag
- One entry to the post-race party
Pre-Race Registration and Packet Pick up:
Wednesday, April 27, 2022 – Check back for details on time and location
Thursday, April 28, 2022 – Check back for details on time and location
Race Day Registration & Packet Pick Up:
For those who are not able to attend pre-race registration and packet pick up, this will begin promptly at 10:30am on Friday, April 29th in the Car Corral. The Car Corral lot is adjacent to Lot E. Your parking pass and ticket will also be sent to you via email.
NOTE: 5K Participants should be checked in with bib number in hand by 5:00 pm. There will be a short walk to get to the starting line on the track from the registration area. Please plan for ample time to arrive at Barber Motorsports Park, find parking and walk to the Car Corral for packet pickup.
Parking: Barber Motorsports Park Map
- Parking will be available onsite in Lot E. Please be sure to show your printed ticket and parking pass.
- Upon entering Barber Motorsports Park turn left at the “T” intersection by the Museum. At the gate, show your printed Friday General Admission ticket and Lot E parking pass for entry to Barber Motorsports Park and the INDY 5K.
Pets are NOT allowed at Barber Motorsports Park.
Race Day Agenda:
Friday, April 29, 2022
10:30am – Registration Opens @ Barber Motorsports Park
5:00pm – 5K Registration Closes
5:15pm – Short walk to the Start Line
5:30pm – 5K Start
6:00-7:00pm – Post-race party (more information on the post-race coming soon)
6:30 pm – 5K Awards & Draw Prizes
5K Male and Female Awards – Overall and Age Group Awards will not be duplicated
- Top Overall Male/Female
- Top Male/Female (10 Year Age Groups)
- 19 and Under
- 20 – 29
- 30 – 39
- 40 – 49
- 50 – 59
- 60 – 69
- 2 Saturday Little Donkey Trackside Tavern featuring Dread River passes
- 2 Saturday & 2 Sunday General Admission tickets
Water stop locations will be at the start line and halfway mark on the 5K.
Strollers at the Race: If you are participating with a stroller and/or children, we ask that you keep your children with you at all times, and that you start from the back of the starting line. This will allow your family members, and our other participants, a safer race experience.